Medical Weight Loss
Many North Americans struggle with weight loss, whether the scale just won’t budge or fluctuates up and down like a yo-yo. Diet and exercise are an excellent start to a healthy weight, but sometimes stubborn pounds need an extra boost to keep them from hanging on. Our office offers medically supervised weight loss in that helps our patients achieve healthy weight goals using advanced methods that have been proven to work time and time again.
Did you know…
that more than 35 percent of American adults are overweight? According to an estimate from the Centers for Disease Control, obesity is directly responsible for more than $140 billion in medical costs each year – primarily for the treatment of weight-related diseases like heart disease, type-2 diabetes, and stroke. Losing just 10 to 20 pounds can lower blood pressure and cholesterol, alleviate chronic pain, and reduce cancer risk – not to mention improve the quality of life…
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for medical weight loss?
You may be a candidate for medical weight loss if your previous attempts to lose weight have been unsuccessful. Contact our office to schedule a consultation and find out more about our treatment options for overweight and obese patients.
What should I expect during a medical weight loss program?
We take a multifaceted approach to helping our patients lose weight. We always begin with nutritional counseling and lifestyle modifications that help increase cardiovascular output, lower stress, and improve sleep – all factors that can aid in healthy weight loss. Additional interventions are necessary on a case-by-case basis. For example, some patients are struggling with weight loss due to nutritional imbalances or skipped meals. Others may be facing hormonal imbalances that pack on the pounds. Our treatment options help break through weight loss barriers and turn the body into a fat-burning machine.
What types of results can I expect after completing a medical weight loss program?
Weight loss outcomes vary from patient to patient and treatment carries no guarantee of results. However, patients who are a part of a medically-personalized weight loss program are more likely to obtain significant long-term results than those who attempt to lose weight using diet or exercise alone.
Supporting Weight Management Efforts with Customized Solutions
Managing weight is an important part of maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle. On average, patients may try five or more diet programs in an effort to manage their weight with varying results. Obesity is a growing problem throughout the country and can contribute to a variety of health problems. When nutrition and exercise are not yielding in the desired weight loss results, patients may find there are numerous factors that can affect weight loss or gain, including hormonal issues. Dr. Bawa & Associates recognizes the importance of supporting patients improving overall health and uses superior science and technology to offer a wide range of weight management solutions including:
- Appetite Suppressant – to stimulate metabolism and send signals of satiation.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)*† – a hormone used as a weight management alternative. Available in several forms including: lyophilized injectable & troches
- Sermorelin/Ipamorelin – a Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) analogue that stimulates the production and release of hormones by the pituitary gland. May improve the body’s ability to burn fat and increase energy levels. Available in lyophilized injectable form as well as troches.
- Lipotropics/Vitamin Therapies – vitamins and amino acids used as fat burners for weight management or to provide an energy boost:
- B12 injectable (Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin form)
- Methionine, Inositol and Choline (MIC) injectables or MIC Combos, which can also include:
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin or Methylcobalamin)
More information can be found here at our supplier.